Luna is a company that inspires and promotes mental health and wellness. They offer the highest-quality weighted blankets on the market as well as other bedding necessities.
Please note, that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a small commission of no extra cost to you. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you.
Weighted blankets are becoming more and more popular. Using a weighted blanket gives you a wonderful and amazing feeling of being hugged and cuddled.
Why should you buy a weighted blanket you ask?
If you are reading this article, I would assume that you are suffering from some sort of mental health issue. It might be anxiety, depression, stress, ADHD or maybe you just have trouble falling asleep and staying asleep.
This is where the weighted blanket comes in. Weighted blankets are known for their deep pressure touch. When using the blanket, the pressure will be applied to your body, which in turn will release one of your feel-good hormones called serotonin and it will also release melatonin. The blankets help you control stress and also helps to promote better sleep.
You can learn more about why your happy chemicals matter to your mental health right here.
What are the pros?
- Proven to help with anxiety, ADHD, stress, autism, SPD, and Insomnia
- Regulates your mood
- Helps you relax faster and settle down
- You get a deeper sleep
- Gives you a feeling of being hugged and cuddled
What are the cons?
- The blanket doesn’t come with a removable cover, which can be pretty unhandy – I recommend using a duvet cover for the blanket if you want to make it more handy to wash.
- You also have to keep in mind that the weighted blanket cannot be machine dried (mainly because of the glass beads), and you should also be careful with machine wash. Use a separate duvet cover.
What are the weight options?
Adults can choose between several different weight options. They are:
- 7 lbs (3,2 kg) – Twin – bodyweight – 50 lbs+ (22,6 kg)
- 10 lbs (4,5 kg) – Twin – bodyweight – 75 lbs+ (34 kg)
- 10 lbs (4,5 kg) – Queen – bodyweight – 75 lbs+ (34 kg)
- 12 lbs (5,4 kg) – Full – bodyweight – 100 lbs+ (45,3 kg)
- 15 lbs (6,8 kg) – Full – bodyweight – 100 lbs+ (45,3 kg)
- 15 lbs (6,8 kg) – Queen – bodyweight – 100 lbs+ (45,3 kg)
- 17 lbs (7,7 kg) – Queen – bodyweight – 125 lbs+ (56,7 kg)
- 20 lbs (9 kg) – Queen – bodyweight – 175 lbs+ (79,4 kg)
- 22 lbs (9,9 kg) – Queen – bodyweight – 190 lbs+ (86,2 kg)
- 25 lbs (11,3 kg) – Queen – bodyweight – 225 lbs+ (102 kg)
- 25 lbs (11,3 kg) – King – bodyweight – 225 lbs+ (102 kg)
15 lbs blankets are typically for people who weigh between 120-180 lbs, and 20lbs blankets are for people who weigh between 170-230 lbs. It is recommend you get as close to your weight as possible.
For the blanket to be most effective, the blanket should be between 10-15% of your total body weight.
The filling of the blanket
The filling of the blanket is made out of extremely tiny glass beads. Pretty cool, right? The texture of those feels a lot like the texture of sand. The blanket also feels amazingly smooth because of this.
The fabric is made off of 100% organic cotton. This is something I vote yes for. The blanket has been sown using natural, sustainable materials, which will also help you breathe easier while using the blanket.
Cotton keeps the blanket as cool as possible and it breathes well, meaning that the blanket doesn’t get warmed up from your body during the night or whenever you are using it.
If the blanket had been made out of a synthetic material, such as polyester, it would be extremely uncomfortable using the blanket, as the heat will be kept inside the blanket, making it too hot during the night.
LUNA purposefully chose cotton as the fabric, as it is much more breathable and the temperature doesn’t get too high under the blanket.
Pricing & refund policy
The pricing of the weighted blanket starts at $39. The most expensive version is $109. It depends on the weight of the blanket and also your bodyweight.
LUNA has a rather amazing refund policy. They state on their website, that if your mental health symptoms have not improved after 100 days, they will offer you a full refund. You can contact them on their e-mail email@example.com for more information on this.
They also offer a 365-day money-back guarantee. So all in all, they have a pretty amazing customer service section.
Where can I buy the blanket?
I bought my blanket on Amazon. Here is a link for you.
You can also take a look at all the other weighted blankets on Amazon right here:
Is the blanket worth it? I bought my blanket back in January, and it has definitely eased some of my symptoms.
Personally, I suffer from chronic anxiety, depression, and stress as well as ADD, and the blanket has been amazing and I used to sleep between 3-4 hours every night last year, but with this blanket, I now sleep at least a good 6 or 7 hours.
I find that when I don’t use it, my sleep gets more interrupted and I have trouble falling asleep as well. Who knows, maybe I just need someone to cuddle and hug during the night.
Have you ever tried using a weighted blanket? What are your thoughts? Let me know in the comments below…
Did you like this article? Please share and save it on Pinterest and share it with your friends.